ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. This Licensed Professional Engineer opportunity with a mechanical focus affords exposure into a complex business portfolio within the Portland market. Expertise is needed for MEP facility project management, and a keen desire to function in a creative, innovative and sustainable capacity is vital. This position is located in Portland, Oregon.
- Provide management for multiple projects within commercial facility environments.
- Support a business mix within a multidisciplinary firm that is committed to energy savings, maintainability, and practicality for its clients.
- Collaborate with facility owners, developers, architects, engineers, and consultants to maximize facility value.
- Gather, collect and analyze technical data for design studies.
- Prepare original schematic layouts and sketches to present design proposals.
- Determine design suitability based on knowledge of product materials, system types, and production processes.
- Devise engineering solutions to design challenges within applicable code parameters.
- Perform mathematical calculations using engineering formulas and analysis tools.
- Engineer services rendered in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, DDC controls, fire protection, plumbing, and piping design.
- Incorporate sustainable design, as well as alternative energy systems.
- Navigate effectively through projects varying in scope, duration, and disciplines.
- Write technical reports on projects.
Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure.
- Previous experience in commercial, healthcare and education facilities is desirable.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is required.
- Experience with Revit is helpful.
- Able to evaluate traditional and innovative designs.
- Demonstrated adherence to deadlines and budgetary commitments.
- Thoughtful and deliberate approach to cultivating business relationships.
- Passionate about continuing education, industry trends, and technology.
- US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Industry: Civil Engineering