ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Chemical Analyst I position in Seattle, WA, will join a world-class consulting company, who solves building code problems for architects, building owners, engineers, and contractors.
If you want to become an expert in code regulations, building performance, and how this is tied to life safety, please apply. You will get to develop your career in an environment with intellectual and creative people who are setting the bar in their field!
- Classify hazardous materials, analyze chemical process hazards, prepare hazardous material inventory statements (HMIS) & Hazardous Material Management Plans (HMMP), and associated reports.
- Work with other staff to develop engineering judgment letters, alternate materials, method justifications, and develop compliance strategies and write code interpretations for complex code issues.
- Support multiple projects concurrently in a collaborative team environment and interface directly with clients.
- Participate in internal training programs, quality assurance programs, and jurisdiction presentations
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering degree with extensive chemistry coursework
- Knowledge of chemical reactions and process hazard analysis
- Awareness of building codes and safety standards
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A Master of Science Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering is a plus
- 1-2 years of direct work experience in a chemistry laboratory, chemical processing facility, pharmaceutical facility, or chemical engineering design team is beneficial
- International Fire Code (IFC) experience is desirable
- Pharmaceutical and FDA knowledge is helpful
- US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.