ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. Our client is seeking a Project Surveyor in SW Portland. Join a privately-owned civil engineering firm, whose reputation stands on the quality of services they have provided for decades.
The ideal fit is an experienced surveyor who has a desire to contribute to a horizontal organization and work with a diverse client base. Projects will vary from residential to the high-precision industrial measurement for complex construction, to 3D laser scanning for mapping.
- Oversee completion of survey projects for the boundary, topographic, ALTA surveys, subdivisions, partitions, and property descriptions.
- Research and develop work plans for survey projects.
- Assist the civil engineering department with scope and costs for survey-related tasks required for the development process.
- Perform survey and utility research.
- Coordinate with survey crews to accomplish project goals.
- Actively assist with the mapping process when necessary.
- Provide leadership in the preparation of various mapping projects.
- Manage, supervise, and train field and office staff for efficient completion of projects.
- Participate in business development opportunities.
- Estimate and budget man-hours for survey projects, review monthly job costing reports for invoicing and project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Surveying Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in topographic mapping, boundary resolution, subdivision platting, and heavy construction projects.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD/Civil, GPS (Trimble Business Center, Trimble Access field software, and Trimble R8 GNSS equipment).
- Proficiency with cadastral section breakdown calculations, and with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Strong organizational, communication, and writing skills, as well as project management skills.
- Ability to manage and coordinate survey technicians and field personnel work activities.
- Ability to take on responsibilities of CAD drafting, calculations, estimating, proposal preparation, and budgeting tasks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A high level of production ability, along with a strong work ethic and a sense of professional integrity.
- A current Oregon Professional Land Surveying license is preferred; an LSIT is required.
- US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.