ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. Our client is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer in SW Portland. This is a promising opportunity for someone wanting to grow in leadership. The ideal fit is an experienced engineer who has a desire to contribute to a horizontal organization and transition to director-level in time.
Join a privately-owned civil engineering firm, whose reputation stands on the quality of services they have provided for decades. You will support a great mix of clients and projects alike.
- Oversee, coordinate, plan and administer small to medium size site civil projects
- Coordinate and communicate with Principals to help guide and grow the firm
- Manage and mentor civil design staff, helping them to set and meet personal and professional goals
- Ensure the integrity and completeness of all civil designs with strong QA/QC procedures
- Establish and maintain client relationships, ensure client satisfaction and client objectives are met
- Responsible for marketing, writing proposals, estimating work, maintaining and developing key client relationships
- Commitment to being active in professional organizations and at professional functions
- Train and mentor young professionals new to the profession
- Scheduling of staff to meet deadlines with deliverables
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Oregon PE required - licenses in other states a plus
- 10 - 15 years of engineering experience with a background in site civil design, including a combination of roadway, traffic, storm water, irrigation design, and utility relocations
- Solid understanding of civil design and construction standards, and environmental conditions/constraints
- Must possess a proven history of meeting project deadlines and budgets
- Demonstrated skills developing relationships with municipal, county and state agencies in support of site civil projects
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, hydrology modeling and MS software applications (including MS Project)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff and management
- Experience with project estimating, man-hour allocations and cost accounting methods for project management.
- US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.