ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. Our client is seeking a Building Code Analyst II in Seattle, WA. Join a world-class consulting firm, who solves building and fire code problems for architects, building owners, engineers, and contractors.
With your strong background in architecture, you will add significant value to a smaller team that contributes to a more extensive operation. You will have an opportunity to explore growth in computer modeling and project management while working for a company that values creativity, innovation and family life. If you love working with technical information, have an interest in how buildings are put together, and enjoy thinking outside of the box, we want to hear from you!
- Use knowledge of architectural design, standards of construction, and applicable building codes (including life safety and fire codes) to analyze buildings for code compliance and guide client design efforts
- Research code requirements, emerging building technology, and regulatory changes
- Analyze building safety and prepare reports
- Develop 3D models to simulate and analyze building fire scenarios
- Communicate with clients and Authority Having Jurisdictions regarding building compliance in a detailed and precise manner
- Track project scope and budget, and coordinate with the project manager
- Work with the supervisor to delegate tasks to others
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture is required.
- 3-8 years of experience in Architecture Design or Building Compliance Analysis is ideal
- Be able to travel briefly (about once a month) to client locations (local or domestic) when necessary for inspections at construction sites, meeting with different jurisdictions, meeting at clients’ office, and attending training events
- Knowledge of building materials
- Knowledge of BIM software (REVIT and AutoCAD)
- 3 – 8 years of experience in the architectural or engineering field is desirable
- 3 – 8 years of experience in professional writing is helpful
- 3 – 8 years of experience in using the IBC or IFC based codes are beneficial
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with architectural 3D graphics programs is valuable
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator program is preferred
- US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.