ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Operations Analyst position will support the development, execution and dissemination of highly innovative and technical market research projects. The research projects result in actionable recommendations to guide energy efficiency program investments and the quantification of the total amount of energy efficiency occurring in the Northwest. The research and analysis are used by the Regional Technical Forum in the current practice baseline analysis. This position will support research projects under the market research and Momentum Savings research portfolio. Research projects that will be managed under this work could include projects researching topics as diverse as lighting, appliance standards, agriculture or consumer electronics. This portfolio of projects is managed by a team of people who collaborate closely. These projects are implemented by an external research consulting team. This position works with the other research managers and the market research leads to scope the research tasks and deliverables and then works with the consultants to manage the project and communicate internally and externally on the research project. This full-time position is located in Portland, Oregon.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Provide technical review of market research methodologies, calculations and project results for measuring energy efficiency. Technical review includes both QC of calculations as well as reviewing for logic, technical structure, and input assumptions.
- Provide project management support including scheduling meetings, developing and tracking timelines and milestones, drafting and reviewing SOWs, taking and disseminating notes, managing documents and SharePoint site, coordinating stakeholder feedback and developing presentation materials.
- Support COR by reviewing invoices, tracking invoices and project costs compared to budget and contract value.
- Support the development of methodologies and analysis including research, statistics, engineering, and economics-based approaches.
- Conduct review and quality control of technical spreadsheets and reports.
- Develop knowledge in assigned markets and technologies included in the research portfolio.
- Assist with scoping for possible projects, gathering and recommending requirements, and drafting SOWs. Work as part of a team to draft cost estimates.
- Act as a member of the EE Planning Team and Momentum Savings Team.
- Provide input on process flows. As part of a team, participate in weekly meetings to discuss project statuses and process improvements.
- Draft contract modifications and justifications for the mods.
- Review invoices to verify value matches the contract and is within reason. Provide feedback to the COTR.
- Provide technical insight as to the reasonableness of contract costs.
- Coordinate with external and internal stakeholders, including Northwest Power and Conservation Council staff, Regional Technical Forum staff and members, utility staff and NEEA staff, to confirm that stakeholders understand models and research and that their feedback is effectively incorporated into the future drafts and processes.
- Collaborate with marketing representatives to improve tools to communicate the research including the research website, and materials for the website and forums such as Conduit NW.
- Work closely with stakeholders to execute engagement processes and support the development of communication plans.
- Support implementation of engagement plans for external and internal stakeholder engagement and review of deliverables, including arranging meetings, preparing agendas, distributing materials for review, leading review discussions and tracking engagement.
- Conduct and support internal and external stakeholder communications for transparency to improve research quality and relevance.
- Develop a working understanding of Council methodologies in the Power Plans and an understanding of Regional Technical Forum guidelines.
- Develop knowledge in energy efficiency market baseline research and methods to provide project review and external communication.
- Maintain project contract administration through tracking invoices, supporting contract documentation and verifying that contract record-keeping is complete, organized, accessible and accurate. Maintain project tracking through project management tools to verify that all project efforts are coordinated and proceeding forward to meet major timelines. Notify team and COR if project timelines and milestones are at risk for not being met.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration or Management, Organizational Development or a directly related discipline is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 9 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business and operations analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- 3 years of research in the field of energy efficiency. This research can include market research, process evaluation or impact evaluation, as well as engineering-specific research. Academic research, such as conducting an intensive thesis involving primary social science research, is acceptable for this requirement.
- 3 years of experience with project management/coordination
- Advanced proficiency with Excel sufficient to review and create complex formulas.
- Experience in energy-efficiency or related environmental field
- Previous Change Management or Emotional Intelligence training
- Knowledge of federal governmental paperwork, policies, and procedures
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.