ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Operations Analyst III position will support the Planning & Evaluation (PEH) organization in market research, Momentum Savings analysis, and contract administration. This position will support the development, execution and dissemination of highly innovative and technical market research projects. The research projects result in actionable recommendations to guide energy efficiency program investments and the quantification of the total amount of energy efficiency occurring in the Northwest. The research and analysis are used by the Regional Technical Forum in the current practice baseline analysis. This position will support research projects under the market research and Momentum Savings research portfolio. Research projects that will be managed under this work could include projects researching topics as diverse as lighting, appliance standards, agriculture, or consumer electronics. This portfolio of projects is managed by a team of people who collaborate closely. These projects are implemented by an external research consulting team. This position works with the other research managers and the market research team leads to scope the research tasks and deliverables and then works with the consultants to manage the project and communicate internally and externally on the research project. This full-time position is located in Portland, Oregon.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Provide technical expertise in creating methodologies and shaping analysis for modeling total market energy savings across the entire population of the Pacific Northwest. Methodologies will incorporate market research, statistics, engineering, and economics-based approaches. This technical expertise will include the following:
- Develop and apply technical subject-matter expertise in assigned markets and technologies. Provide technical SME in developing research designs and plans for executing research projects, helping inform intelligent program strategy and providing valuable information to inform Regional Technical Forum baselines and Northwest Power and Conservation Council’s (the Council) power planning assumptions.
- Develop a working understanding of Council methodologies in the Power Plans and an understanding and expertise in Regional Technical Forum analysis in order to incorporate methods and best practices into momentum savings model development and data inputs.
- Develop expertise in energy efficiency market baseline research and methods to provide project review and external communication.
- Conduct technical review and quality control (QC) of technically complex market models and reports.
- Ensure that all technical analysis for assigned markets is robust, of high quality, transparent, use the best available data, and data-driven.
- Recognize and flag important analytical decision points, and facilitate market analysis external third-party review of those decision points to ensure robust results.
- Provide senior project management for complex research and analysis projects that characterize end-use energy consumption and how that energy consumption changes over time. Senior project management duties will include:
- Facilitate project from inception to conclusion and coordinate internal and external reviews of project details.
- Identify risks as they are found and work with management to mitigate/address issues.
- Provide regular project status reports as requested.
- Verify work product adheres to standards and policies.
- Support and improve the documentation of all projects and the accessibility of project deliverables for multiple internal and external audiences, including tracking on internal staff resources, developing content for quarterly stakeholder calls, and keeping website materials of the highest quality and up-to-date.
- Maintain project contract administration through tracking invoices, supporting contract documentation and verifying that contract record-keeping is complete, organized, accessible and accurate. Maintain project tracking to ensure that all project efforts are coordinated and proceeding forward to meet major timelines. Notify team and COR if project timelines and milestones are at risk for not being met.
- Validate documents and files are created, processed and maintained in accordance with compliance requirements and in accordance with Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) standards and procedures. Verify that all official records are accurately maintained and accessible for auditing purposes.
- Collaborate to verify that stakeholders understand models and research and that their feedback is effectively incorporated into future drafts and processes. Collaboration and communication duties include:
- Develop stakeholder engagement plans for external and internal stakeholder engagement and review of deliverables, including arranging meetings, preparing agendas, distributing materials for review, leading review discussions and tracking engagement.
- Present complicated technical information verbally and in writing to lay audiences and to technical audiences, including upper-level management, program staff, and research sponsors.
- Conduct and support internal and external stakeholder communications for transparency to improve research quality and relevance.
- Collaborate to communicate the research through multiple channels including the research website.
- A degree in the disciplines outlines below is preferred:
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Business Administration or Management, Environmental Policy (or closely related field), 8 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associates degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering Technology, Business Administration or Management (or closely related field), 10 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business and operations analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- 5 years of research in the field of energy efficiency. This research can include market research, process evaluation or impact evaluation, as well as engineering-specific research. Academic research, such as conducting an intensive thesis involving primary social science research, is acceptable for this requirement.
- 3 years of experience with project management/coordination, to include:
- Invoice and project cost tracking
- Coordinating the efforts of multiple team members
- Advanced proficiency with Excel sufficient to review and create complex formulas.
- Experience in energy-efficiency or related environmental field
- Previous Change Management or Emotional Intelligence training
- Knowledge of federal governmental paperwork, policies and procedures
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.