ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Program Support Specialist position will work within the Technical Training Center (TFBT). This position will provide training support to TFBT's apprentice, journeyman, craftsman and continuous training programs and will perform related clerical tasks. The position will provide data entry on multiple computer applications; coordinate schedules; and research answers for policy application. This position will assist the TFBT COR with training contracts and conduct annual training needs assessments, track training plan execution, and develop training reports. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Performs data entry using multiple computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Asset Suite, PeopleSoft, Concur, Microsoft SharePoint, etc. Enter inventory management data, vehicle mileage, training, travel, pen base program, utility bills, etc. Will use the Veteran Affairs data tracking program to enter apprentice training information.
- Verifies timekeeping is accurate and negotiated bargaining agreements. Inputs time and labor information into the appropriate system.
- Prepares travel authorization and arrangements for management and staff travel using online systems, etc. Prepares travel vouchers following established processes using the online system, entering data from staff daily work reports and other communication.
- Performs data entry for P-card transactions, materials requests, and invoices.
- Answers telephone calls and responds to routine telephone requests; refers calls and visitors. Controls mail to assure timely staff response
- Maintains calendars, makes appointments and arranges for meeting rooms.
- Coordinates and assists the manager with the development of annual managers’ and employees’ performance appraisal plans; implements, oversees and completes related documentation
- Greet and screen visitors; address questions and business, take messages, schedule appointments
- Create, and proof documents, correspondence, research, and presentations using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Build and post Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations to SharePoint sites.
- Proof and draft, correspondence and documents, confirm proper coordination and timely compliance with assigned action.
- Attend meetings, record meeting minutes as requested, transcribe and disseminate as needed.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail to appropriate recipients
- Process outgoing mail and prepare materials for mailing
- Perform faxing, scanning, photocopying
- Scheduling and arranging meetings, conferences, and training, including associated logistics
- Taking meeting minutes, transcribing and distributing
- Prepare necessary foreign and domestic forms associated with travel.
- Prepare and process travel authorizations and vouchers for group managers and staff using Concur.
- Perform data entry, provide maintenance, tracking and reporting for a variety of organizational databases and management reports.
- Validate that official records are accurately maintained for auditing purposes.
- Provide an annual review and inventory of official files and maintain the organizational file outline.
- Participate in developing and conducting training needs assessments/surveys, and analyze the information and data obtained in order to anticipate training needs for specific categories of positions that involve fairly well defined and readily understood duties.
- Review training needs assessments and creates statistical reports that show what training needs to be provided to who, how many, where and when. Provide reports to the manager for forecasting training needs.
- Compile budget data for long-range planning of training and forecast for budget considerations.
- Prepare budgetary reports used for cost center budgeting and tracking, and work plan development
- Support training development teams or committees as requested, by providing data, assisting with data analysis and taking meeting minutes
- Prepare, copy, and assemble training materials.
- Send a complete inventory of materials and supplies to training sites for courses.
- Prepare and send monthly, quarterly/semi-annual, and ad hoc reports for assigned training programs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Business Operations or a related field is preferred
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 2- years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associate’s degree, 4+ years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 6+ years of experience is required.
- Experience should consistent with program/project coordination/control and progressively more technical in nature.
- 2+ years’ experience performing administrative functions in an automated learning management system
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in administrative support functions
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
- Proficiency in Visio and Adobe Pro
- Proficiency in MS Project
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Position requires the ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.