ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Contract Electrical Estimator position will provide support to clients and stakeholders via quantity takeoffs, self-performed pricing, conceptual budgeting, and subcontractor agreements. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
- Interpret plans and specifications
- Lead review of the potential project, estimate, and bid letter
- Develop estimates and proposals for assigned bid opportunities
- Prepare comprehensive budgets and job cost proposals, and design-build bids
- Prepare for, and actively participate in interviews and discussions with potential customers
- Perform preliminary site inspections and job walks
- Identify plan discrepancies and scheduling contingencies
- Identify opportunities for value engineering
- Define and develop scopes of work
- Develop and maintain bid list and relationships with local subcontractors
- Obtain bids from subcontractors
- Assist with construction timelines and scheduling parameters
- Prepare client bid packages
- Negotiate with subcontractors and vendors
- Interface directly with clients, architects, engineers, as required
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Bachelor degree in construction or mechanical related major
- 8+ years’ experience in construction work or progressively responsible supervisory positions in construction trades
- 7+ years of Estimating experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, CPM schedules, industry standards, project communications and related documents including project specifications, test reports, and project-related accounting reports.
- Ability to develop CPM and Gannt chart schedules in Microsoft Project or approved software.
- Ability to effectively write and communicate through email and written letter correspondence.
- Ability to write and prepare detailed plans and reports in an organized and concise fashion.
- Ability to effectively communicate in client meetings and crew meetings.
- Mid-level computer skills needed for spreadsheets, word processing, and email correspondence as well as the use of network resources and time-keeping and cost control software.
- Ability to work outdoors and in inclement weather.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs and to access small or awkward spaces to inspect work.
- Ability to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods of construction practices and project execution.
- Practical knowledge of construction trades.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have excellent communication skills and related team-building skills required to instruct, motivate, and manage field employees and to communicate effectively with customers.
- Must work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction and adheres to feedback from Phoenix management.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance in accordance with project and company work hours.
- Must be able to travel for job walks and site inspections. Typically 1-2 days a month
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.