ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Program Support Specialist 1 position will provide a wide range of program and administrative support to the Critical Business Systems (JC) department within the Information Technology (IT) organization. This position will serve as the liaison between JC management, work units, support staff and other IT organizations to help the day-to-day operations of the workgroup run smoothly. This position will also assist JC management with demand planning and other coordination activities with CBS customer organizations. This full-time position is located in Portland, Oregon.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Support, coordinate, and help facilitate JC processes and activities
- Provide support for organizational performance metrics including gathering data, calculating results, and providing reports to JC management, customers, and the Office of the CIO.
- Assist JC Manager with forecasting and tracking financial data for developing budgets, demand plans, and reports consumed by the Office of the CIO and the CBS customer organizations.
- Maintain JC budget and forecasting spreadsheets.
- Liaison with CIO staff on budget, financial, and other program-related processes.
- Participate in process improvement activities and provide input and recommendations as requested for potential process improvements.
- Draft agenda and materials for monthly Power and Customer Service Prioritization Board; capture notes and action items for JC managers.
- Assist with resource allocation tracking and updates in PPM for JC-owned projects.
- Work with finance to process work order creation and closure requests.
- Access various programs and data sources to run reports for JC leadership
- Assist the JC managers and staff in the development and draft of Standard Operating Procedures, governance, and internal control procedures as changes and processes occur;
- Assist JC COOP coordinator in proofreading and maintaining System Security Plans, Continuity Plans, and Information System Continuity Plans.
- Greet visitors; address questions and business involving established policy or routine matters, take messages, set appointments and/or refer visitors
- Review and finalize documents and letters to verify proper formatting and accuracy.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Review incoming correspondence; respond to most questions and complete most business involving established policy or routine matters and/or forward matters requiring action to appropriate staff following up to verify a timely response.
- Perform faxing, scanning, photocopying
- Collaboratively complete scheduling/travel/training and other organizational requirements.
- Coordinating calendars, meetings, travel, administrative processes, assisting managers, staff, and customers in the performance of programs, projects and office functions; serving as the liaison between the CIO and organizations, other IT managers and the immediate staff and other groups across the agency.
- Organize, coordinate, schedule and verify appointments, meetings, conferences, and training
- Scheduling and arranging meetings, conferences, and training, including associated logistics and any necessary equipment
- Coordinating events such as off-site meetings, including all logistics, meeting materials and agendas.
- Arrange travel, such as airline arrangements, hotel accommodations, and rental car and shuttle reservations
- Maintain filing system in accordance with compliance requirements. File and disperse documents to appropriate personnel.
- A degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Computer Science (or closely related field) is required.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 2+ years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associates degree, 4+ years of experience is required.
- Experience should specifically include program/project coordination/control and be progressively more technical in nature.
- 1+ year experience working in a government organization (federal, state, county, city, municipal or other applicable government experience).
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite products, including Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Intermediate skills/experience with SharePoint, sufficient to support, manage, edit, and maintain the site.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.