ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Project Manager (Engineering) 3 is located in the Transmission Technology (TT) Operational Services (TTO) organization. The position will collaborate with business analysts, project managers, technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the various Transmission Technology organizations and their internal customers to develop program and project strategies and plans and will provide input, recommendations, and assistance with the development and implementation of technical projects necessary for the reliable and secure operation of the Bulk Electric System (BES). This position will work closely with TTO management, TT Tier 3 and Tier 4 leadership, TT’s Security and Compliance Team, Transmission business function leaders (TO, TE, TS, etc.), and other TT customers to provide engineering solutions for program and project needs, aligned with organizational goals, priorities, and any Key Strategic Initiatives (KSIs). This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Utilizing industry best practices, consult with TTO and senior management to provide recommendations on all aspects of projects’ System Life Cycle (SLC), including business case development, functional and non-functional requirements, risk identification and mitigation, schedule and budget, design, engineering, implementation, and transition to Operations and Maintenance (O&M).
- Review project proposals originating outside TT and identify projects’ impacts on TTO;
- Review O&M processes and procedures and recommend revisions to improve efficiency and quality.
- Actively engage with the business to properly understand the business needs, identify dependencies, project expectations, milestones, resources, and other initiatives
- Facilitating engineering projects from cradle to grave, including planning, design, construction, and completion;
- Acts as a point of contact to engineers and Project Managers working on control center projects;
- Forecast and request appropriate project resources to fulfill project needs
- Collaborate to help resolve resource allocation issues;
- Schedule and facilitate project team meetings and coordinate activities of sub-teams;
- Recommend an overall roadmap of efforts required to achieve program initiatives and project objectives;
- Provide a program level overview of all engineering projects and their interdependencies;
- Provide recommendations regarding project expectations, approach, roadmaps, work plans, deliverables, and goals;
- Draft project plans, resource strategies, and funding estimates
- Facilitate and monitor project budgets
- Monitor project team efforts to ensure technical accuracy and completeness,
- Coordinate with operations, maintenance, construction and material procurement groups on all project issues;
- Monitor progress of assigned projects to track timelines, milestones, deadlines, standards, and targets
- Coordinate activities for projects that enable goals or objectives to be accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Facilitate the resolution of conflicting priorities and requirements, as well as conflicting team positions in order to build consensus among stakeholders and project team members;
- Interact and collaborate with external stakeholders, often navigating complex business relationships.
- Facilitate the successful transition of a project or program of projects to another project manager including any training, documentation, or meeting coordination required.
- Provide background information, technical input, options and recommendations that facilitate project decision-making.
- Organize site visits with the project team members, as necessary for the project.
- Facilitate closeout accounting for the projects assigned by reviewing final costs and verifying the work order costs match the final invoice to the customer. This must be approved by TTO supervision prior to distribution.
- Draft project contracts for development
- Provide and coordinate internal and external reviews of project contracts.
- Verify internal project tracking is maintained as required within supporting databases.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Management, Organizational Development, Computer Science or other related technical discipline is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable fields: 10+ years’ direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution, is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree not in applicable fields: 12+ years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution, is required.
- No Degree: 14+ years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution, is required.
- 8+ years’ experience in system design or engineering
- Experience managing projects and specifying engineering solutions for:
- High availability of computer systems
- High availability facilities, such as power systems, HVAC, security or lighting systems
- Physical Security Systems
- Experience as a project engineer leading design teams to meet complex technical requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical utility operations including dispatch, transmission scheduling, and power scheduling sufficient to provide a common understanding between the project team, project sponsors, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage varied projects, meeting cost and schedule constraints.
- Experience specifying control center visualization systems
- Functional knowledge of NERC CIP standards, sufficient to develop processes and procedures compliant with NERC-CIP standards
- Familiarity with FISMA standards
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.