ACS Professional Staffing is seeking a Fire Analyst II in Portland, OR. Join the go-to building and fire code design firm that work with architecture firms, government entities and private businesses alike. This fast-growing company supports projects on an international scale yet has its roots in the Pacific Northwest.
- Perform building code compliance evaluation of existing buildings and new buildings for projects of varying complexity and at various stages of completion.
- Write building and fire code reports, smoke control reports, engineering judgment letters accessibility reports and develop and write alternate compliance requests.
- Prepare and present on technical issues internally and externally to clients and jurisdictions.
- Participate in strategy discussions, attend client meetings and prepare presentations on the technical subject matter.
- Perform quality assurance reviews.
- Work with CFD modeling teams on multiple projects for fire and egress analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in fire science or fire protection engineering.
- 5-10 years’ experience in architectural or engineering fields.
- Familiarity with building codes, ASCE and IBC structural calculations, and analysis methods.
- Knowledge of sprinkler systems, fire alarm regulations, and fire-rated assemblies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing code summary sheets, responding to plan reviews and preparing code analysis/interpretations.
- US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.