ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. This successful surveying firm is looking for an energetic Survey Field Technician to work out of their growing Vancouver office. The ideal candidate will be looking for a long-term career with growth opportunities.
Here are a few benefits:
- Medical coverage for employee/all dependents paid by the company
- Significant annual Profit Sharing %
- Account for Dental and tax-free medical expense
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Under survey crew chief direction, operates GNSS and Conventional survey equipment
- Perform technically complex paraprofessional field surveying duties
- Perform other duties as needed
Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
- 1+ years of survey field experience
- High energy and enthusiasm, with a solid commitment to exceeding expectations
- Responsible for the effective performance, calibration, operation and quality checks of multiple types of survey equipment
- Possess knowledge of land surveying principles and practices including boundary determination, legal descriptions, construction, topographic surveying, and GIS
- Knowledge of the following survey instruments and software a plus:
- Leica & Trimble Total Stations, TDS or Spectra Precision Survey Pro Data Collectors, Trimble RTK and Static GPS, Trimble Access Data Collectors, Trimble Business Center, UAV operation with imagery or LiDAR, Leica High Definition Laser Scanners, Leica Cyclone software, AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation and Microsoft Office products
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and experience working with staff on all levels
- Knowledge of field surveying practices and techniques
- Travel – be able to travel regularly for 5 days at a time out of town and occasionally (1-2 times per year) for up to 14-days
- Must be willing to occasionally travel by air
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required
- Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Work may be performed both outdoors and in an office environment. To perform the essential functions of the job, incumbents may be required to perform moderately strenuous tasks, such as lifting and carrying instruments weighing up to 75 pounds over rough terrain. Incumbents may also be required to clear vegetation, dig holes, and pound stakes with hand tools.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.