ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Business Systems Analyst 3 position is located in the Transmission Planning Business Operations, Integrity & Analytics (TPWB) organization. The position will focus on a combination of Business Analysis, Business Systems Analysis, and SharePoint Design in support of Transmission Planning and Asset Management functions. The Business Systems Analyst 3 will conduct stakeholder interviews, evaluate current-state processes, develop solutions, and implement the “to be defined” best practices. This position will support and mature existing tools and will leverage best practices when possible. The Business System Analyst 3 must possess strong communication and facilitation skills, as well as a proven record for navigating amidst ambiguity. This position will require coordination with the current SharePoint support organization as well as with other departments within Transmission. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Conduct interviews and facilitate workshops to elicit business requirements.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate process improvement and business process documentation sessions in support of Transmission Planning and Asset Management.
- Research, analyze, model, and organize information for developing requirements.
- Decompose high-level information into details and abstract up from low-level information to distinguish between solution ideas and business needs.
- Facilitate requirements validation sessions and present findings.
- Facilitate resolution of requirement conflicts between stakeholders.
- Design, architect, build and recommend solutions based on requirements and best practices
- Assist in technical process improvement initiatives.
- Research and develop methods to automate repetitive manual data manipulations.
- Use Rapid System Development methods to build prototypes.
- Propose solutions that integrate the various other systems.
- Complete all documentation in support of the solution, including use cases, requirements, test plans, process maps, and desk procedures.
- Assist in the development of Business Cases/Justifications for the identified improvement opportunities and present the proposed solutions in both verbal and written formats to key stakeholders and sponsors.
- Design a proposal for a central Asset Management SharePoint site, including a process library, commonly referenced tools and policies, and other needs as defined by the business.
- Design and support diverse SharePoint requirements
- Recommend and implement approved best practices as it relates to SharePoint design and development.
- Support development and implementation of approved change management plans that reduce employee resistance
- Focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and skills, and organization structures.
- Facilitate various systems verification activities such as systems and user testing.
- Develop and deliver process and systems training to impacted employees.
- Facilitate system and data integration efforts to connect disparate systems that have various levels of System Life Cycle (SLC) maturity.
- Provide first-line technical support to business users of the developed solutions.
- Complete and improve user manuals, onboarding, and training documentation.
- Analyze solutions and business practices for efficiency and effectiveness. Based on the analyses, initiate continuous improvement initiatives.
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Systems or a directly-related technical discipline is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Systems, or a directly related technical discipline is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience must be consistent with the specific requirements of business systems analysis and progressively more technical.
- SharePoint Development and/or business analysis and/or systems analysis experience.
- Expert level experience developing SharePoint composite/no-code solutions consisting of web parts, lists, libraries using SharePoint Server 2010/2016.
- Ability to develop and manage SharePoint content types and taxonomy to improve document management and search functionality.
- Advanced to Expert level knowledge of SharePoint Designer (especially workflow creation).
- Advanced to Expert level knowledge of InfoPath.
- Advanced knowledge of Visio and/or other flowchart tools.
- Expertise in PowerShell, CSOM, and .NET development (specifically for SharePoint Web Parts)
- Experience with MS Access database
- Experience in Project Management roles
- Experience in Jama Contour or HPQuality Center
- Energy/utility industry experience
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.