ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Accountant position will provide accounting support services to the Accounting and Financial Reporting (FR) group within the Finance (F) organization. This full-time position is located in Portland, Oregon.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Responsibilities:Prepare and review journal entries, verifying the accuracy, and completion for processing.
- Prepare and review General Ledger account reconciliations, verifying the accuracy, and completion.
- Assist in performing analysis of complex or unique accounting issues by researching and analyzing generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and other non-GAAP (i.e., Office of Management & Budget (OMB)/Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB)) available material for appropriate accounting and disclosure treatment for accounting issues and questions.
- Assist in the development of briefing papers, presentations, and recommendations concerning complex accounting issues as requested by creating initial drafts of documents and working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to finalize the documents.
- Assist with audits and coordination with external audit firms as required for quarterly/annual work and to support bond offerings by responding to auditor questions, and preparing or providing requested documentation, such as variance analysis.
- Assist the accounting lead with coordinating accounting implementations and projects involving cross-agency work teams by performing a variety of complex analyses, and developing reports
- Research and respond to financial client needs and provide support regarding questions involving accounting and financial processes.
- Work with business services organizations and upper management on a wide range of contract issues with significant financial statement impact; assist with reviewing contracts as needed to assess accounting impacts and perform a hierarchy of GAAP analysis when deemed necessary.
- Review and analyze internal control over financial reporting to identify management control weaknesses and areas needing improvement.
- Draft/prepare financial statements, financial queries, and disclosures such as notes to financial statements, management’s discussion, and analysis or other external or internal financial disclosures needed to support finance.
- Requirements:A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5+ years of experience is required.
- Experience should include financial analysis and/or accounting in an analytical capacity in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate resume and matrix must include where and what types of activities were performed for each of the skills/applications listed below:
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft or other automated Business Enterprise System (BES).
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills, specifically in accounting calculations (ex: Pivot Tables or Power BI).
- Experience preparing or auditing financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- User-level experience with SharePoint or equivalent program, sufficient to maintain documentation.
- Proficiency in all other Microsoft Office Suite products, such as Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with utility accounting principles and/or accounting for combinations/consolidations.
- Experience with asset capitalization or Property, Plant, and Equipment accounting.
- Experience with Microsoft Access.
- Experience with federal budgetary accounting.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.