ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. This Business Analyst 2 position will provide analyst support to the PSC Technical Services (TTCT) organization within the Transmission Technology (TT) group. This position will provide research and analysis of historical data on the installed database of System Protection and Control (SPC) and Power System Control (PSC) equipment in addition to the additional design of processes and forms to track a variety of NERC and FISMA requirements and compliance efforts. This can entail determining the extent of the missing data in the system, as well as developing and implementing new processes or procedures to track compliance. This position will utilize creative approaches to support the verification of compliance documentation. Also, this position will provide recommendations for solutions to problems or gaps in data. The position will collaborate with engineers in Technical Services (TEZ), the Security and Compliance team (TT-SCT), as well as Engineers and Craftsmen in Transmission Field Services (TF), to support decision making and define and recommend requirements and improvements for program or project development. This position is in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and requires the ability to act as a proactive self-starter, and at times working with limited direction. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Coordinate activities for projects that enable goals or objectives to be accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Facilitate workshops to analyze and document current state processes, and design or re-engineer future state processes
- Analyze, facilitate, model and organize information to elicit requirements; work with appropriate parties to facilitate the resolution of conflicting team positions; and, distinguish solution ideas from business needs.
- Work to facilitate the resolution of conflicting priorities and requirements, as well as conflicting team positions to build consensus among stakeholders and project team members.
- Prepare and draft documentation for project development efforts to include use cases, requirements, test plans, process maps, and desk procedures
- Collaborate to remove obstacles impacting timely project completion and to facilitate successful implementations.
- Compile, review and analyze information to draft technical documentation to support system requirements, system design, system security, and operational manuals for a wide variety of software applications and may include the updates to instrument controller (IC) and instrument data processor (IDP) computer system documentation.
- Interview Field personnel to identify what equipment is installed in the field, if the information is not present in the Cascade or BES systems
- Support other North American Electric Reliability Corporation Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC CIP) or other compliance teams to gain understanding
- Assist with drafting and implementing new or revising existing processes and procedures
- Monitor project schedules to track completed tasks and forecast
- Investigate, gather data, evaluate and analyze successfully implemented solutions and/or mitigated risks initially identified
- Look for ways to automate repetitive manual data manipulations.
- Prepare and draft functional and technical documentation for hand-off to application experts.
- Draft and prepare electronic forms to support business processes
- Prepare queries and reports for extracting, manipulating, and reporting of business architecture-related information.
- Facilitate various systems verification activities such as systems and user testing.
- Draft, prepare and provide recommendations on forms, reports and/or tools to track progress and verify completion of Field Service Site Inspection works.
- Monitor and track versions and revisions of specialized Software, verifying that updates are processed promptly.
- Identify data quality issues within our asset management systems of record as they apply to compliance and cybersecurity.
- Prepare and draft quality assurance reports that identify data quality issues within the Cascade system and I2CM Access Database.
- Review incoming data from various sources using business rules to manipulate and analyze data and draft and prepare reports
- A degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting or Computer Science is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years’ experience is required
- With an applicable Associates degree, 7 years’ experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 9 years’ experience is required.
- Experience should include directly-related work experience demonstrating business/process analysis skills.
- 5 years’ experience in the following:
- Conceptualizing and planning initiatives for data integration, gathering, and organization experience.
- MS Excel experience sufficient to perform conditional formatting, pivot tables, complex formulas, and lookup calculations.
- MS Access experience sufficient for creating relational databases and intuitive user interfaces.
- Visio knowledge and experience sufficient to create workflow diagrams and flowcharts using networking and engineering shapes and themes and templates)
- SharePoint experience is sufficient to create sites, pages, forms, views, picklists, and workflows.
- Asset management, analyzing operational data, and developing actionable strategies.
- Business workflow and data workflow management.
- Technical writing and the ability to present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical.
- Modeling business process requirements and verification of deliverables.
- Logical process modeling concepts sufficient to aid in the documentation of requirements
- Database structure with experience writing complex queries for data from both native and Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) databases
- Information Technology business analysis or Cyber-Security business analysis.
- Organizing cross-functional meetings.
- Researching in a variety of data systems such as custom databases and PowerBI links, designing “queries” and overall missing data research.
- 1 year Energy/utility industry experience.
- 1-year experience with NERC CIP or other NERC Reliability Standards or FISMA compliance.
- 1-year experience using automated data systems.
- 1-year experience working within a technical team (engineers, network administrators, etc.).
- 1-year experience working with remote teammates or stakeholders
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.