ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Administrative Services Assistant 3 position is located at the Real Property Services (TER) organization. This position supports the Director of Real Property Services by providing confidential and high level administrative and technological support. This position responds to most questions and correspondence, as well as urgent matters and demands, acting with minimal oversight or direction and facilitates the day‐to‐day communication workflow. This full-time position is located in Portland, Oregon.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Greet and screen visitors; address questions and business, take messages, set appointments and/or refer visitors
- Create, draft, edit, and proof documents, correspondence, research, and presentations using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Build, maintain, and post Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations to SharePoint sites.
- Proof, review, and when applicable, draft, correspondence, and documents prepared for manager signature and validate conformance of the established administrative policies and regulations, confirm proper coordination, and timely compliance with assigned action.
- Provide recommendations and instructions to staff to maintain conformance with general policies and correspondence procedures.
- Attend meetings, record meeting minutes as requested, transcribe, and disseminate as needed.
- Answer and screen telephone calls; respond to most questions and complete most business involving established policy or routine matters
- Respond to questions and complete business according to established policy and/or forward matters requiring action to appropriate staff, following up to verify a timely response.
- Process and screen incoming and outgoing correspondence to include proofreading, to consist of the following:
- Sort and distribute incoming mail to appropriate recipients and review incoming correspondence.
- Process outgoing mail and prepare materials for mailing, including providing self-addressed stamped envelopes, when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain internal and external communication channels to coordinate the smooth flow of information and positive working relationships.
- Perform faxing, scanning, photocopying
- Proactively coordinate managers’ daily Outlook calendars and schedules with full responsibility for scheduling and prioritizing Tier III and IV managers’ appointments, meetings, conferences, and calendar
- Coordinate appointments, including commitments of time. Advise manager of appointments and other commitments that might have a bearing on future decisions.
- Organize, plan, prioritize, coordinate, schedule and verify appointments, meetings, conferences, and training for managers and other staff
- Schedule and arrange meetings, conferences, and training, including associated logistics and any necessary equipment
- Arrange travel, such as airline arrangements, hotel accommodations, and rental car and shuttle reservations
- Maintain the organizational SharePoint site including updating changes and adding new content.
- Establish, maintain, and administer SharePoint organization, team, and other meetings/project sites including setting up document repositories, calendars, workspaces, and tracking lists. Assists with content and permissions.
- File and disperse documents/letters to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain Director’s appointment schedule by planning, prioritizing, and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Reserve meeting rooms and verify required technology is functioning and available
- Prepare materials for weekly management and strategy meetings; such as review and edit PowerPoint Presentations
- Perform, coordinate, and validate administrative duties and timelines communicated from upper management.
- Relay communication from the Director, using the highest degree of discretion
- Maintain a variety of organizational spreadsheets, including data review, entry, and assembly. Provide extensive spreadsheet assistance to the manager for a variety of projects and financial information, reporting, and tracking.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates Degree in Secretarial Science, Administrative Management, or related field is preferred.
- 6 years of demonstrated administrative/clerical experience is required.
- 4 or more years of relevant work experience in administrative support functions with Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook (Microsoft Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Intermediate to expert proficiency with SharePoint, sufficient to design, update/edit and provide administrative support to multiple SharePoint sites, including setting up document repositories, workspaces, libraries, views, and tracking lists, as well as setting appropriate site permissions are required.
- Data entry skills are essential. This position requires an above-average computer and typing skills to coordinate calendars, schedule meetings, and record and distribute meeting notes.
- Experience working at a Utility.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Position requires frequent walking, bending, and stooping.
- Position requires the ability to lift items approximately 20 pounds in weight on and off vehicles and maneuver them, using wheeled carts, to designated locations.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.