ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Software Programmer 3 position is in the Transmission Technology System Development and Support (TTSD) organization. The TTSD organization develops and implements customized technology solutions to support the Control Centers. The position assists in interpreting design specifications assist in technical design, coding software, and following test and deployment procedures, complying with project documentation requirements, and working on a development team using a mix of development methodologies including Agile. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Design, code, test, deploy, configure, and support the outage system.
- Analyze, estimate, test, code, and deploy system changes under the prevailing change management procedures and requirements.
- Work directly with the Business and Technical Team to document and implement user story requests.
- Work with compliance staff to verify that system remains in a compliant state including architecture and modeling the application.
- Productively integrate with an existing Agile development team.
- Serve a critical role as a programmer on an existing XP based development team.
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Apply existing standards, procedures, and practices as appropriate.
- Collaborate with software developers, testers, and users throughout the System Development Life Cycle.
- Support North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)/Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC) compliance by verifying adherence to standard requirements and documentation measures.
- May also participate as a programmer on other teams in support of the Transmission Technology business unit
- Break down technical work into tasks and provide reasonable time estimates for completion.
- Review other developers’ code and provide technical constructive feedback where necessary to verify that the code follows programming best practices.
- Communicate the status of project development work to the project team, users, information system owners, and others.
- Analyze and propose technical designs that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements which also optimize the long-term maintainability of the system.
- Identify and escalate technical bottlenecks and impediments to the project manager and information system owner.
- Produce the required project technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a directly related field is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include demonstrated software programming work experience in Computer Science/Information Technology and developing and implementing technology solutions.
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Demonstrated experience developing:
- Ruby on Rails applications
- Web Services
- Experience with any or all of the following:
- Rails 3 through 5
- Source Control Systems (preferably Subversion)
- C# .NET
- Experience working in Agile development team (preferably XP based)
- System Administration experience
- Understanding and experience applying:
- Object-oriented programming principles
- Design patterns
- Current experience practicing Test-Driven Development
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and processes
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies/practices
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve performance problems at various layers of a system (application, database, server, network, etc.).
- Strong ability to quickly become familiar with existing systems and codebases
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.